The Layni & Scott Rothbort Judaic College Scholarship
Apply now for a one-time $720 scholarship!
In order to qualify the student(s) must be:
• taking a course in a Jewish related subject, Hebrew or Yiddish (but not a self-directed independent study)
• at an accredited college or university
• include an essay of at least two pages on a subject to be determined by Rabbi Tecktiel
• must receive a grade of C or better (proof of transcript to be submitted)
The deadline to apply is April 12, 2018. One scholarship is available this year, up to $720.
The scholarship can be earned in the Fall or Spring Semester and payment will be made in June.
The winner will be determined from a committee comprised of one member of the Rothbort family, the Rabbi and a member at large to be determined by the President.
The essay questions include:
1. What Jewish value(s) have you learned that you will bring with you and use on your college campus?
2.How do you plan on exploring your Jewish identity in college?
3.What are the three most important issues that Jews face on college campuses?
This scholarship is generously funded by Layni and Scott Rothbort, a Midbar Kodesh Temple member family.
Please contact Andrew Spivak at 702 355 5695 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the scholarship or developing a fund of your interest.